Monday, June 13, 2016

Milk Makeup Eye Vinyl | First Impression & Review


The whole smokey wet/dewy eye look has been a staple in editorial and runway makeup for quite some time now but, it's never been considered a very wearable look because overtime the oils in the product will break down and cause creasing and bleeding creating quite a mess. No one wants to deal with the clean up but sometimes you have to sacrifice a little for your art. 


I absolutely love the way a wet smokey eye looks so I figured I would try Milk Makeup's new Eye Vinyl in Tunnel to see if it would last better than the typical lip balms and glosses used to create the look. 



Milk Makeup's Eye Vinyl is a super thick opaque glossy "shadow" with a tacky feel to it. Since it's so much thicker I felt like it may actually last pretty well on the lids BUT unfortunately I was wrong. Almost instantly it moved and creased pretty severely to the point where it just settled into the folds of my eyes before I could even take a decent picture. I found myself constantly having to move the color around my lids to make it look clean again. I would say it stays in place for no more than 10 minutes. Am i shocked? - No but, I was expecting at least a slightly longer wear time. Although I'm sure their nude shade functions much better; the black just doesn't do it for me. I do have to admit the dewy look the shadow gives off is gorgeous in real life and it definitely looks even wetter than some glosses/balms that are often used to create the same types of looks. It's just hard to capture it in photos while it's shifting all over my eyeballs.



[Using Milk Makeup Eye Vinyl in Tunnel]

To compare, like I've stated earlier, many people use glosses and balms to achieve that dewy editorial/runway look. It's been a makeup artist trick since what is probably the beginning of time and clearly it's for good reason. Glosses and balms come in a variety of consistencies and styles so everyone can pick their preference. Personally I like balms with a light feel but a thicker texture because they give a medium glossiness and they have a decent wear because they don't tend to break down the shadows beneath them too quickly. 


[Using CeraVe Lip Balm over shadow]

After trying Milk's Eye Vinyl I think that I'll be sticking to my lip glosses and balms for those wet smokey eyes because the product is just easier to work with and is less expensive. Maybe I'll try the Eye Vinyl as a nice black lip gloss instead... I feel like it might just work better that way. 

No comments :

Post a Comment