Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette | Review

As many times as I tell myself I need to back away from buying any more warm toned palettes I do it anyway so I don't even know why I bother telling myself "no" anymore since I clearly do not listen. When the palette launched on Sephora.com I bought it emediately without even thinking twice about it. Actually I don't think I thought at all it was like a reflex. I woke up, saw the notification in my email, added to my cart, bought it, and then texted my friend about it to remind her that I have zero self-control.

I totally sound like a broken record when I say I shouldn't have bought this, that, or the other since I just continue to do it anyway. I should just learn to accept the fact that I like to buy things I just want 24/7 when it comes to makeup...Honestly, at least it's things I actually use so I don't really feel bad about it. Anyway enough rambling and onto what we are really here for - the palette.


The Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette is undoubtedly gorgeous with it's neutrals and vibrant red tones. In my mind it had my name plastered all over it because if I was going to make a palette my color scheme would totally be along these lines. The colors are so rich and pigmented, one swipe across the skin leaves you with bright saturated color. When I initially got the palette in the mail I swatched the colors on my wrist and they did not want to come off. The color lingered the rest of the day and if it wasn't for some serious scrubbing probably wouldn't have came off until at least the next day. 


The blend of mattes and shimmers within the palette are perfect in conjunction with the range of tone. With the fourteen shades within the palette you can get such a nice variety of looks out of this palette whether you want to do something natural, vivid, or smokey. Personally, I think that this is something that someone could use for everyday or for special occasions. The warm tones in this palette are complementary to so many eye colors and complexions that I think just about everyone can find something for themselves inside this palette. 

[Top to Bottom Rows From Left to Right]

There has been so much hype around this palette and honestly I think it's for good reason. It's a highly pigmented palette with a great shade range that's ready to give you that pop you need for any festive summer look. 

No comments :

Post a Comment