Sunday, January 19, 2014

January 2014 Ipsy Bag


Hello, Loves! Ipsy is starting the year off right with this month's glam bag. This month's theme is "19 Reasons 2014 will be Amazing." This month seemed to focus more on skin and hair care which I am all about because there is nothing better than feeling fresh. 


The first product in the bag was four Proactive Mark Fading Pads. These salicylic acid acne treatments are supposed to lighten post acne scars, even and brighten your skin tone, and reduce the look of fine lines and pores. I've tried them out and I do like them because they don't dry out skin and they leave me feeling fresh and clean. I can't say that I have noticed any drastic improvements in my skin though so I think I would need more than four pads to see if these things really work. 


Next up was this Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow Creamy Eye Pencil in the shade Penny. It's creamy and glides on smoothly yet it doesn't smudge (I've had the swatch stuck on my arm for hours.) I think its great for a neutral smokey eye or even just for under the the eye and waterline to brighten and open up the eyes. 


I also received the Malin + Goetz Mojito Lip Balm. I am so in love with this as an over night balm. There is a subtle minty scent but it becomes undetectable after application. The consistency is thick but not sticky which is great because its comfortable and I feel as though you can really feel it working to rehydrate your lips. I've used this every night since I got my glam bag and every morning when I wake up my lips feel amazing.



Next, I received the Skinn Soothing & Smoothing Eye Cream. Although I'm only twenty-two I am all about preventative skin care. I want to have nice skin for as long as possible because I am not about that wrinkly life. This product has been another one that I have used every day since I got my bag and I love it. The cream is thick but light-weight and non-greasy. It has really helped with making my eyes look less puffy and dark. 





Last but certainly not least I got the Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave-In Conditioner. I have super thick coarse hair so anything that will make it soft and not weigh it down is amazing in my book. It detangled my hair and minimized the amount of flyaways. Also it smells like oranges sooo thats fantastic.


That is it for this month's glam bag. I'm pretty pleased with the products I received. Until next time!

- Lexi

No comments :

Post a Comment