Monday, January 18, 2016

Beauty Trends I'm All About for 2016

A new year means out with the old and in with the new, right? In this case of makeup trends I think it's a yes and a no because although 2016 is bringing in some new makeup trends they are still staying tried and true to some of last year's staple trends which is great for me because I honestly probably wouldn't have paid much mind to it being an out-dated trend and rocked them anyway. I kind of just always do what I want anyway.


In that being said I just want to sit here and have a little chit chat about makeup trends that I am newly/continually all about. Personally, I don't think that any of these trends are truly new but, I think some of them are getting more perched up on their pedestals than they have ever before. 

Shall we just get started?!

Highlighting - Highlighting is as eternal as the glow that it gives you when it is perfectly and strategically placed on your cheek bones. The perfect highlight truly polishes off any look. Highlighting was a strong component of 2015 so I'm glad it's sticking around although I love it so much I would continue to do it regardless. 

Color Correcting - Although I'm really not about the high intensity color correcting I see a lot online, I am a big supporter of correcting with purposeful placement. A little bit of color correcting goes a long way and when done right it can really make the complexion look flawless. Color correcting has been around since possibly the beginning of time but only recently has it been given the hype it truly deserves. Until youtubers and instagram famous artists started showing videos of them using correctors, trying to convince someone that they might need to look into using a corrector was like pulling teeth from a hungry lion's mouth. 

Bold Liquid Lipsticks - At this point I think everyone should know I support any and all types of liquid lipsticks whether they be bold or not. I do love a good bold liquid lipstick though because uhm, hellooo.... they have an amazing wear to them and you don't have to worry nearly as much if you wear one out for dinner or for drinks. Your lip will stay on almost if not all of the night with minimal touch ups, allowing you to avoid any and all messy lip faux pas. 

Messy "Sept in" Hair - Honestly, I will always and forever rock and support this hairstyle because I'm pretty lazy and I rarely do my makeup and my hair... I pick one and it's always makeup. At least I'm honest. It is what it is. 

What trends is everyone else stoked for? I'm pretty excited to see what this year has in store. 

No comments :

Post a Comment