Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Tea Talk Tuesday | Post #64 Arches National Park Valentine's Day Trip


If there is one thing I've never been called before it's athletic. I always got picked last for teams in gym class, coaches would never put me in the game if they could help it, and I always got called a klutz for tripping over my own feet on a regular basis. My coordination when it comes to anything physical has always been severely lacking even when walking so I'm pretty sure shocked everyone I told when I said that my boyfriend and I took a 3 day trip to Arches National Park for Valentine's Day and I loved it. 

My boyfriend is way more outdoorsy than I am by far and I'm thankful for that because he's one of the only people in my life that can throw me totally out of my element and show me an amazing time doing something I would never do in a million years. 



The trip was a total surprise, I had no idea where we were going although I did have my suspicions on what type of place we were going after driving through the middle of nowhere for a couple hours. 


Moab, Utah where Arches National Park is located is the definition of small town, they don't even have a Walmart. I find it extremely endearing and although I could never see myself actually living in such a small town It's such a cute place to disconnect from the rest of the world and connect with yourself and nature for awhile. A quiet town filled with locally owned mom and pop shops.



My boyfriend got us the coziest Airbnb tucked into one of the neighborhoods. It was all decked out with wood panel walls and red and black decor it was the perfect spot for us to snuggle up every night. I hope that I can one day own an apartment half as adorable.



Each morning we would get up early, have breakfast, and head to the park. Even though some of the sites could be seen from the road most of the sites and arches required a bit of a hike. Believe it or not Southern Utah weather in February is perfect for hiking unless the wind blows and your eyes water until you're blind and you think you might freeze to death. A solid 65 degrees isn't too warm or too cold so I'm shocked there weren't many people out in the park but, I'm not complaining. 



The scenery was gorgeous and the skies were so clear that everything looked so vivid. Orange and blue are my favorite contrasting colors and that's all that could be seen for miles. The bright blue sky lighting up the huge orange mountains. The whole place was breathtaking and awe inspiring. 

We walked around for hours each day and although it was totally exhausting it was more than worth every moment I thought I was going to collapse and my seriously sore legs. Believe it or not I can't wait until my next national park trip. 

No comments :

Post a Comment