Wednesday, March 22, 2017

My Current Favorite Cocktail Glow | Feat. Cover Fx, Becca Cosmetics, & Sephora Collection


There are so many different highlighter styles and textures out there that there is definitely no shortage of products to choose from depending on your preference. Whether you like a dewy, shimmery, or holographic glow there's something out there for you. Whether you like liquids, creams, powders, or even sprays there's a medium out there that will be easy for you to use. Personally, I really enjoy layering highlighters of different mediums in order to amplify my glow. 


I've been layering my highlighters for quite some time now because I've found that it is the best way to get a glow that really 'pops' on my pale skin. Layering highlighters of various textures and colors gives unique intensity and dimension. Currently, I've been mixing liquid, powder, and spray highlighters in order to get a high intensity shimmer highlight with a dewy finish.



Sure, my highlight routine probably sounds (and is) a little excessive but that's just what I like. I'm in the business of making myself look like a neon glow worm.


[Left to Right: Prismatic Amethyst, Blossom, Nude Glow, and all three layered]

1st Layer - Cover Fx Blossom Custom Enhancer Drops: A soft pearlescent pink liquid highlighter with high shine that is easily layered without building texture. Beautiful on the high points of the cheeks or mixed into foundations and primers to deliver the perfect amount of radiant shine depending on your mood and preference.

2nd Layer - Becca Cosmetics Prismatic Amethyst Shimmering Skin Perfector: A duo-chrome lavender powder highlighter that reflects a more pink or more purple toned lavender depending on what way the light is shifting. The color blends perfectly over the Blossom Enhancer Drops intensifying the shimmer and adding more dimension without looking heavy or cakey. 

3rd Layer - Sephora Collection Perfection Mist Nude Glow: A dewy skin mist that imparts a lovely light glowing sheen without any sparkle. On top of the other two highlighters it just gives a nice warm dewy glow that intensifies the shimmer when the light bounces off the high points of my cheeks. 



I love all of these highlighters separately but together they are my favorite. The combination wears really well throughout the day and doesn't separate or eat away at my foundation regardless of the dewy mist on top. It actually feels super lightweight and comfortable. 

No comments :

Post a Comment