Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Kat Von D Beauty Lolita Eyeshadow & Blush | Review


Kat Don D Beauty just launched their cult classic chestnut rose lip shade 'Lolita' as a dual use eyeshadow & blush. Encased in their classic Metal Crush eyeshadow packaging this dual use product is simply heavenly. I virtually live in monochromatic tones and shades of red so as soon as this product launched online I scooped it right up because I knew it was going to fit right into my everyday makeup routine in some way, shape, or form. 
Granted this purchase probably smashed any hope of me moving away from these red warm tones I'm always decked out in but I've just come to accept the fact that I can't run away from my aesthetic. 

When I first picked up the Kat Von D Beauty Lolita Eyeshadow & Blush I figured I would probably just use it as an eyeshadow because I'm typically not one for blush. I spoke too soon though because I absolutely love it as a blush OR an eyeshadow. I always found that most blushes were just too pink, too peach, or just plain too dark for my liking but this chestnut rose is the ideal natural flush of color for me. I think that this color MIGHT have singularly gotten me into wearing blush.


The texture of the Lolita eyeshadow & blush is smooth and finely milled and I would say that it's pigmentation is high for a blush and easily buildable for a shadow. A little goes a long way on the cheeks and on the eyes the product is easily built from a medium wash of color to a strong rich pigmentation. I used only Lolita and a bone colored eyeshadow on my eyes to show it's range of depth.  

I think I'm going to have to pick up another one of these little guys when they launch in Sephora stores on June 15th because I'm POSITIVE that I'm going to need a back up. 

No comments :

Post a Comment