Friday, December 12, 2014

Lime Crime Collection & Review

There has always been a bit of controversy surrounding Lime Crime so I understand why some people choose not to buy into the brand or support it. I personally set those matters aside because I enjoy their products even though I am aware that there are more brands than ever creating similar products. There is a feminine and unique style to the brand that is definitely undeniable.  All around Lime Crime delivers beautiful makeup products that are sure to get you some looks both good and maybe a little confused by onlookers. Lime Crime products really make a statement and it definitely a brand that caters to the edgy and bold. 


Unicorn Lipsticks

The Unicorn Lipsticks come in a wide array of colors that vary from "normal" to "out of the ordinary" and all of them are vibrant, creamy, and opaque. The lipsticks glide on smoothly, become opaque in one or two swipes, and have a creamy finish. The staying power of the lipsticks is not very long lasting I would say about 4 hours without eating tops. I would recommend using a lip liner and primer with these lipsticks since the creaminess of the lipsticks can cause them to feather and bleed around the edges. As a warning these lipsticks do tend to stain a bit so you might be left with an interesting tinge of color after removing your lipstick. I've always found these lipsticks pretty comfortable and easy to wear but, I have heard instances where people have issues with these colors being streaky or going on patchy without ever becoming fully opaque. Regardless of the fact that I have never had this issue I think it is something to be considered when looking into purchasing these lipsticks. I do really love the Lime Crime lipsticks I have but, honestly they don't get nearly as much love as my velvetines do because they are a bit more practical and better for wear. 



D'Lilac - Cool Toned Lavender 


Cosmopop - Muted Peachy Orange 


My Beautiful Rocket - Medium Toned Orange 


Mint to Be - Muted Mint Green 



Serpentina - Emerald Green with Green Shimmer 


[D'Lilac, Cosmopop, My Beautiful Rocket, Mint to Be, Serpentina] 


Velvetines 

Since I've reviewed Wicked and Salem in the past and I find that the new colors are of a slightly different formula I am going to attempt to keep this brief so that I can review the newer additions to my collection individually. Overall, the velvetines are opaque matte liquid lipsticks with incredible staying power. They have a lightweight formula that isn't overly drying or uncomfortable on the lips. These are the lippies I go for when I am looking for a color that is going to last all day with minimal touch ups even though eating (i.e I basically wear these everyday of my life.) When I say that these colors last I seriously mean it, they are smudge proof, transfer proof, and virtually married to your mouth until you scrub it off your face. These are basically my favorite thing in the world.



Wicked - Burgundy Red


Salem - Chocolate Brown


Cashmere - Grey Toned Beige "Greige" 


Utopia - Orchid 


Pansy - True Purple

[Wicked, Salem, Cashmere, Utopia, Pansy] 


I really enjoy my Lime Crime collection overall. I don't know if I'll be getting many more of the lipsticks but, I'm well on my way to picking up the rest of the velvetines and a few more of their other products. I've been hearing a lot of good things about their glitters lately and I'm curious to see what all the hype is about! 

No comments :

Post a Comment