Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year's Party Makeup Must Haves


It's New Year's Eve and that means by tonight most of you will be hanging out with friends, kissing the bottle, and if you're lucky kissing a special someone at midnight. Tonight can be a very special celebration with time to reminisce and look forward to the fresh year ahead. With that in mind, I've put a list of makeup must haves for tonight that will make your night and you sparkle just a little more. 


- SPF Free Foundation - Foundations with low to no SPF are a total necessity because God knows you'll be taking tons of photos and the last thing that you want is to have ghost face. SPF often causes a flash back, giving your face a white cast which can virtually erase your face in photos. Foundations like the Make Up For Ever HD foundation photograph beautifully diffusing the light that hits your face making you look radiant and flawless all night. 

- Highlighter - A highlighter is a great way to add a healthy glow to the face. Using a cream or powder highlight on the tops of the cheekbones and on the high points under the brows is a great way to liven up the face and tie your look together. Just try to make sure that you have a light hand because too strong of a highlight could go clownish very fast. 

- Gold Eyeshadows - Gold eyeshadows are a classic staple piece and for good reason. They look great in a smokey eye or they look great as a light wash of shimmer for a classic look. Either way I love the way that golds complement all eye colors and just add a bit of class to any makeup look. 

- Cream Eyeshadows - Cream shadows are great used alone or under shadows to make the colors pop a bit more. Personally I like to use Benefit's My Two Cents as a base for all my gold shadows. Cream shadows also help your powders stick longer and can prevent fading. 

- Dramatic Liner - A thick eyeliner is a perfect way to tie together an eye look because it adds a bit of sass and elegance. I love a good sharp winged liner but even just a thicker line across the top lash line looks amazing as well. I prefer to use gel liners because they never smudge and look pristine all day (or night) long.  

- Bold Lipstick - Its really not even a party if you aren't wearing a bold lip. Although for me a bold lip isn't just a seasonal thing I think that if you're only going to whip it out once and awhile now is definitely the time. A bold lip attracts attention and exudes the perfect amount of confidence. I've been loving the Bite High Pigment Pencil in Pomegranate, it's the perfect red and it feels super creamy on the lips.  

- Dark Colored Nail Polish - A good dark nail polish is ideal for the winter months. They are a perfect way to put the cherry on top of a look. I've been loving the Revlon parfumerie nail polish in Bordeaux because not only is the deep burgundy red color festive but the light scent of wine that the polish gives off when it dries is absolutely amazing. I'm not going to lie, it kind of puts me in the party spirit. 

- Setting Spray - The last thing you want to worry about when you're out having fun is your makeup fading or slipping off your face. I always like to top off my makeup with some setting spray just to ensure that everything stays locked in place and I can keep touch-ups to a minimum. 


[ let's just ignore the fact that I was clearly not going to a party when I took this picture]

No comments :

Post a Comment