Sunday, January 11, 2015

Lime Crime Velvetine in Pansy | Review


Since I did a review of Cashmere the other day I figured I should seal the deal and talk about Lime Crime's other two newer releases, Pansy and Utopia. Today I am going to focus on Pansy and then make a separate post for Utopia Even though I think that they are pretty similar in formula and wear. 


Pansy is a true vibrant purple that complements all skin tones and brings out the whiteness in your smile. It has the same matte finish, light weight feeling, and staying power of the earlier velvetines but, I feel as though it tends to be a little more on the watery side upon application. In that I mean the product feels thinner than the original formulation making the application feel very smooth and almost slippery before it begins to dry. This makes for a very easy application but, it means that Pansy requires at least two layers in order to be opaque. I don't mind it because the wear is comfortable despite some slight layering. It is important that you wait for the product to dry a little bit between layers in order to prevent patchiness. When you remove Pansy it leaves a bit of a fuchsia stain on the lips that is actually quite nice. 


Overall, Pansy is a great all year round color because it is dark enough to be a winter color but it's still vibrant enough to work in the summer months. It is such a power color I think that it looks best with a simple neutral eye or winged liner. You could dress it up more if you wanted to I think that this pop of color speaks for itself and it doesn't really need much else competing with it because then it can become too much. 

No comments :

Post a Comment