Friday, May 1, 2015

Friday Favorites | April Favorites


Another month of 2015 down and another batch of things I have been obsessing over. April has been a pretty vanilla month, as are most months of my life but none the less I found things to get excited over. I'm pretty excited the weather is getting warmer and my allergies are starting to die down again. For a minute there I was really worried for the well being of my winged liner because I couldn't go out of the house without immediately tearing up to the brink of being blinded by pollen. Things are better now and I'm happy I don't have to worry about the state of my eye makeup any longer and I can focus on the more important things in life like what kind of makeup I'm going to buy next. 


For the most part I think this month's makeup favorites are pretty simple for the most part but I think that's what makes them perfect for this time of the year. 

ColourPop Desert Eyeshadow - I haven't gone a day without using this eyeshadow since I got it. It is so easy to incorporate into any look whether it be in the crease, on the lid, or just used by itself. It's a perfectly effortless warm taupe brown that can flatter a multitude of complexions. 

ColourPop Aphrodisiac Blush - The perfect beige to enhance your contour. After my cream contour I go back in with a little bit of this just to make it pop a little bit more. It adds just the right amount of emphasis without going over the top and looking a little dark or dramatic. 

Urban Decay Sin Eyeshadow - Sin has always been a great eyeshadow but, lately I've found a new way to use it. This has been my hands down favorite powder highlight because it gives a little drama and catches the light perfectly. Since I'm so pale sometimes I have a hard time finding a highlight that really pops but, I have found that some eyeshadows work just as well, if not better. Just as a little heads up I'm thinking about making a little list of all the shadows I think make great highlights. 

NYX Ever Lip Pencil and MAC Taupe - Forever my favorite default lip combo. No matter how many times I stray away from this pairing I always seem to come back to it without fail... There is just something so perfect about it I can't seem to get past. It's probably the fact that it looks amazing with everything - day or night, natural or smokey, it works with it all. 

Sephora Secret Boudoir Colorful Shadow and Liner - This is a quick last minute slide in because although I just got this product I already know it's a favorite. I have been using this little darling as a brow highlight ever since I got it and I'm obsessed. Its so pigmented and it glides on smoothly for that perfect amount of pop and definition. Sephora actually makes brow highlights but none of them are light enough for me except for a pale pink shimmery one that I really don't prefer so this makes a great substitute... just creamier.  

Stoked to have another month down, cheers to the next being even better than the last. 

No comments :

Post a Comment