Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Buxom Dolly's Got a Wild Side Eyeshadow Palette | Review


I'm not going to lie typically I'm not super interested in Buxom products because most of their line consists of lipglosses and well, we all know that's not really my thing. Although recently they came out with a 40 color eyeshadow line of single shadows that can be put into a single pan case or a six pan customizable pallet. They also came out with three limited edition premade palettes that are also capable of being changed and customized. At first sight I can't say I was all that impressed but, upon actually playing around with their shadows I was pleasantly surprised. 


These shadows are super creamy, pigmented, and infused with primer technology so the colors glide on effortlessly and lock into place for long lasting looks. I always use a primer just in case but, even on their own they have a gorgeous high impact color. The formulation is so buttery that they blend out effortlessly and looks simply seamless. Dolly's Got a Wild Side Eyeshadow Palette comes with six mauve and bronzy gold shades with a lovely mix of matte and metallic. This palette reminds me of the Naked 3 palette except a lot less overwhelming for the novice makeup enthusiast because it has less colors to choose from but it's still capable of achieving the same sort of day and night looks. 

I love how these shades give you just the perfect pop of color without being too overwhelming. You can make your looks super natural or you can spice them up for a pop of flair. The shade range makes it a great palette for someone who wants to dip their toes into color but isn't ready to take the full plunge yet. I also love this palette as an introduction to the new shade range but, if you're feeling something a little different I definitely recommend making your own because they have an amazing spectrum of colors and it's a great deal - 6 shades plus the palette for $40 while a single shadow with the pan is $14. I'm definitely considering making a custom palette as well.  

No comments :

Post a Comment