Friday, July 31, 2015

Friday Favorites | July Favorites


Another month down and another month closer to it being so cold outside that I absolutely never want to leave my house. It's crazy to think that the summer is almost over and sadly I feel like I haven't done a thing. I haven't gone on any cool vacations or really taken any time off of work but, I'm not going to count myself out just yet since I have at least another month left before the nail is really in the coffin. Anyway, this month as been amazing! Sure there have been a few bumps in the road but, we can't let those get in the way now can we. I think this month most of my favorites are no brainers but, here they are regardless. 

I've been all about getting the glow this summer. My body might be whiter than a ghost but, at least my highlight is on another level. My obsession for a good highlight really rivals the one for a good nude lip. Fortunately they look great together so I never really have to pick one over the other. With that being said there should be no surprise that two of my favorites this month are highlighters and another one is a nude lip. I have zero shock factor. 

Obviously ever since the Becca X Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop Shimmering Skin Perfector came out I have been using it constantly. I absolutely love the color and it really gives the perfect pop when the light reflects off of it. It's hands down one of the most flattering highlighters I've ever seen. Of course I have to add an extra little flair to it though so I've been layering it over the Josie Maran Argan Enlightenment Illuminator Wand. The consistency is so light and creamy it never shifts whatever products are under it (I always use it BEFORE powder though.) It has the same champagne tone so the two highlighters blend together really well and pay up each other's strong suits. To go along with the whole luminous thing I have also been using the Covergirl Outlast Stay Luminous Foundation as a base. Since my skin has been clearing up I've felt more comfortable using actual foundations again. I like this one because it gives a nice natural luminous finish with medium coverage. I feel like it's an easy way for me to transition back into my full coverage foundations which I have really been missing. 

I've gotten back into my love for Jeffree Star's Celebrity Skin. I use it almost everyday either by itself or with a multitude of different liners either to darken it or to warm up the color. No matter how i decide to wear it I feel like there is no possible way that it can look bad. A true staple in my makeup collection. I hope they restock it soon because I'm starting to run out!

On the hair front the Living Proof Restore Instant Repair has been a real Godsend lately. I use it after every shower on damp hair (along with a few other things) and it has been really helping to get my hair into tip top shape. My hair looks way healthier and my ends look less scraggly. So thank you Jennifer Aniston for being part of the creation of such a bomb hair care product. You the best, Rachel.  

Like I said earlier my skin has been way better so I decided to switch from the Dr. Dennis Gross Acne Pads (which I still love) to the Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Pads. They have 10% glycolic but, they aren't as acne intense as the Dr. Gross Pads. They work really well for maintaining my skin and as an added bonus they are great for fighting against the signs of aging. I should also mention that they have zero burn to them and they smell like peach bellinis - seriously just like it (V boozy).  

It's definitely been a good month for beauty products. Let's hope next month is too. 

No comments :

Post a Comment