Monday, March 7, 2016

ColourPop Ultra Satin Lip: Mess Around, Echo Park, Tansy | Review


When I first got into makeup I was one of those people that always wore heavy eye makeup and never put on a lip and now I really can't stand not putting on some sort of lip product. I feel like my lipsticks complete me in a way. It's funny how people change like that. I have loads of makeup products but my lip products probably blow every other category of makeup that I have out of the water in terms of how many I own. I have no shame in that fact and actually I may actually take a little pride in it. For instance as soon as I clicked "complete order" on this ColourPop Ultra Satin Lip order I just wanted to sit out by my mailbox until my order came. 
Satin can often times be close enough to matte for me and the whole satin + liquid lip thing just really sparked some sort of curiosity inside of me (just like many other makeup products in general.) As soon as they came in the mail and I slipped one on my lips I knew it was going to be a love affair. Think of these of the much more comfortable version of a matte liquid lipstick. These Ultra Satin Lips dry down to a satin matte finish and feel super comfortable without the least bit of a drying feeling to be found. They don't smudge and can hold up to most eating and drinking. You will have to touch up a bit after eating greasy foods and there is a little bit of transfer but I think that is to be a bit expected. The lasting power of these is about 6 to 8 hours which I think is pretty impressive if I do say so myself. 


[Left to Right: Echo Park, Mess Around, Tansy]

There are sixteen shades and they are all super fun and unique with a nice range of neutrals, vivids, and darks. Clearly I stuck to what I love which is nudes and browns. I picked up three colors Mess Around - a medium toned beige with grey undertones, Echo Park - a warm toned peach nude, and Tansy - a mid-toned yellow brown. Each of them wears quite amazingly. They go on creamy and opaque right off the bat with a quick dry down time. I would say that the only variation in wear is that Tansy transfers a bit more since it is a darker shade than the others. Regardless the wear time is the same and the overall formulation doesn't seem to vary like it does in matte liquid lipsticks. I think that's a bonus because there's nothing more frustrating than having to wait between layers so your lip will lay right and not look like a patchy dry mess. 

I'm seriously contemplating picking up almost all of the shades because this may just be one of the most comfortable long wear lip products I've ever encountered. 

No comments :

Post a Comment