Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Jeffree Star Lip Ammunition: Celebrity Skin & Unicorn Blood | Review


Oh praise the makeup gods, Jeffree Star's Lip Ammunitions are finally here. I feel like I've been waiting for these to launch for an eternity so I was pretty floored when the finally launched. Now typically I'm a liquid lipstick kind of girl but, I'm willing to switch it up for a lipstick if it feels like the right fit. 

Celebrity Skin has been my go-to nude lip since the shade launched so there was no doubt in my mind that the Lip Ammunition version had to be mine. Unicorn Blood has also been a go-to red shade for me. When holiday comes around and I'm constantly in a red lip this is the shade I'll grab for nine times out of ten. Two favorites in a new formula - sign me up.


[Top: Celebrity Skin & Unicorn Blood Velour Liquid Lipsticks Bottom:  Celebrity Skin & Unicorn Blood Lip Ammunition]

In my opinion the Lip Ammunition shades are almost exactly spot on in shade next to their Velour Liquid Lipstick parents. The only slight difference I can really see at first glance is that the Lip Ammunition Celebrity Skin is a tinge cooler but, honestly I'm not complaining. Still gorgeous and it kind of reminds me of the original Celebrity Skin shade. 


Jeffree launched nine shades in his Lip Ammunition collection but his other shades are all pinks and purples, colors that do not compliment me or my bright red hair in my opinion. I'm sure that was a sign from the universe telling me I need to stop buying so much makeup and save more for my future. You win this time, universe. 

The lipsticks have a light sweet scent. They remind me of the way MAC lipsticks smell yet slightly softer. The finish is a soft cream that feels buttery and nourishing on the lips. One slip across the lips and you'll have lovely opaque color and be ready for your day. Even though these are just lipsticks the lasting power is pretty good - about 5-6 hours. You'll also have to touch up after eating and drinking but that's the nature of lipstick.

These lipsticks are pretty lovely and I hope he comes out with more shades (new and some more from the Velour Liquid Lipstick range, please and thank you.) I also think that they are a great alternative for people who don't like the feel of a matte liquid lip but liked the Celebrity Skin and Unicorn Blood shades. 

No comments :

Post a Comment