Thursday, December 24, 2015

Tarte Tarteist Lip Paint (TBT & Fomo) | Review


Do you know what I don't need in my life? More nude matte lipsticks. Do you know what I bought anyway? More nude matte lipsticks. I think that I own over 100+ lip products, they are definitely the one makeup product I own the most of because they are my favorite. Of course any lip product I've purchased for at least the past year has been more of a want than a need I still do it for the sake of makeup science or that's how I'm going to justify it anyway. 


Tarte has recently launched their Tarteist Lip Paints on their website and on Sephora.com. The collection carries 13 different shades and 1 Sephora VIB Rouge exclusive shade. The shades range from nudes, to vivids, to dark bold colors so there's a little something for everyone. I picked up TBT and the Rouge Limited Edition Fomo, both are shades of mauve but they are both very different from one another. TBT is more of a brown toned mauve while Fomo is more of a blue toned mauve. I find both to be absolutely gorgeous. As soon as I saw them I knew I had to try them out for obvious reasons- they're liquid matte lipsticks. I do have to say that they are a little different in formulation than the typical Kat Von D, Jeffree Star, and ColourPop liquid lipsticks. The Tarteist Lip Paints have a matte finish but they wear like a cream with a mousse like texture, never fully drying down on the lips. This makes them a bit more hydrating and very comfortable to wear but, this also means that they aren't in anyway transfer proof so you will need to touch up after eating or drinking. Despite that they have a pretty decent wear to them. They don't last as long as a classic liquid lipstick but they still last about 5 hours because they do leave behind a stain.


[Left: TBT | Right: Fomo]

I've read mixed reviews on the wear and saturation of these lippies. Many people said that they were thick, needed lots of layers to be opaque, and that they were streaky. Obviously I can't speak for all the colors because I haven't tried them yet but, I can honestly say I didn't have any of those issues with TBT or Fomo. Both colors went on opaque in only one or two swipes and felt light and creamy on the lips to the point that I forgot I had anything on. I could see this product being disappointing to someone if they believed that they were purchasing a classic style liquid lipstick but honestly I don't mind the formulation at all. I actually really like them because sometimes my lips really need a break from such matte lip products. 

TBT and Fomo get a big thumbs up from me. I'll report back when I try out some of the darker shades to see if they live up to my standards or if they fall flat. 

No comments :

Post a Comment