Friday, August 7, 2015

Friday Favorites | Nude Liquid Lipsticks


Out of all the lipsticks I my nude liquid lipsticks get most of the attention. I wear one practically everyday because they are so easy to wear. They last all day, I never have to worry about how they are fading, and it's easy to spice them up a little bit by mixing them with other colors or adding different colored lip liners. Some people might think they are plain but, personally I think that since they are so easy to manipulate that they are actually some of the most interesting and fun... or maybe I'm so vanilla I made that up but, you can be the judge of that. 


[Left to Right: Bow n Arrow, Celebrity Skin, Trap, Stockholm, Pure Hollywood, Midi]

I honestly think that I get more compliments on my nude lips than any other color I wear. I think it probably has to do with the fact that they are more appealing to a wider range of people. They are unintimidating to new makeup wearers and professionals find them to be tame enough for the office. Although I think people should embrace bold colors and not worry about what other people think, I still get the nude appeal. I have a ton of nude liquid lipsticks but, I have narrowed it down to the six that I've been finding myself using the most often recently. Sure, they are all nude but in my opinion they are all still pretty different and when tweaked each one can bring something unique and different to the table. 

Kat Von D Bow n Arrow- The newest edition to my nude lippy family has the perfect amount of edgy grunge to it. As a warm mid toned brown this color gives you just enough 90's to give some subtle flair to a dark eye or a little pop to a natural look.

Jeffree Star Celebrity Skin- It wouldn't have been a favorites post without me mentioning this lip color. This peachy soft brown gets a lot of love from me because it is the epitome of the perfect everyday nude. In my mind this is color sets the standard. I cannot wait for Celebrity Skin 2.0 to launch because I'm getting a little low and I was starting to get nervous. 

Colour Pop Trap- They call this little number a greige but, I think it's a little more on the mauvy grey side. Either way it's a gorgeous and unique color that is always bound to turn heads and be a hit every time you wear it. 

NYX Stockholm- An ode to the classic peach lip. A nude with a pop of warmth that will eternally scream brunch and mimosas. You gotta love it because you can't go wrong. 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Pure Hollywood- The forever classic pink toned beige is probably my favorite to layer with different liners because it gives the most drastic color changes. I love mixing it with a true chocolate liner but, it isn't uncommon for me to use it with a nice berry liner too.

Colour Pop Midi- This is Pure Hollywood's slightly more pink toned nude sister. One could almost say that it's a dupe but, since it has a bit of a cooler tone in my mind they are totally different. Unlike Pure Hollywood it is a less common that I add a different colored liner or color to it because I think the pink tone gives it the best girly pop. 

So there you have it all my nude lip lovers out there. Don't ever let anyone tell you nudes are boring because that is far from the case. Go out there and mix and play until your nude lip combo is more popular than Kylie Jenner's. 

No comments :

Post a Comment