Friday, December 18, 2015

Friday Favorites | Full Coverage Foundation Rotation



For me great makeup starts with a flawless base. You could have the best eye look on the planet but, if your complexion isn't done the look just doesn't feel right, it looks unfinished, and just a bit off. As much as I love all aspects of makeup I tend to spend a lot of time tweaking and perfecting my complexion because of how important it is to the makeup look as a whole. 

My poison is full coverage foundations. I have freckles which I am not too fond of but everyone else seems to love (typical freckled person comment.) When I'm wearing makeup I prefer to just cover because honestly if you only half cover them they look weird because it looks like you tried to cover them but failed. Wearing a sheer foundation where you can obviously see them is fine, it's just that middle ground that's pretty sketchy. 

Fortunately this year has been full of foundation launches so I have not been scarce in the foundation department. I've tried my hand at quite a few this year and a decent amount of them have made the cut and gotten my kiss of approval.

Cover FX Custom Cover Drops - This foundation hybrid is one of the newer additions to my roaster. You can get anywhere from a sheer to a full coverage with this product but, let's be honest I always go for full. The custom drops blend in effortlessly and give an amazing cover. Since they are so versatile I could go another level intense with the coverage with these bad boys if I wanted. 

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Moisturizing Foundation - Although I'm on the oilier side I went with the moisturizing version instead of the oil-free for this one because I found the oil-free to be so matte that it took quite some time for it to sit properly on my skin. This was my first full coverage love after I strayed away from the original Make Up For Ever HD Foundation. It was an easy road to romance with the Silk Creme because it's so creamy and it blends like a dream. 

Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation Stick - When the new Ultra HD came out I thought the liquid was nice but, it didn't have as much coverage as I prefer. It was definitely a coverage downgrade from what I was used to from the original HD but, I righted the ship by switching over to the Ultra HD Stick Foundation. Although the stick is made for normal to dry skin types I have had no problems getting it to work for me as long as I use a matte primer and a finishing powder (which I always do.) This is my typical work day foundation and it is also what makes up a decent amount of the foundations in my freelance kit. 

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation - I can't say I own a ton of Too Faced Products but, I sure do love this foundation. It has a radiant finish but, since it's oil free it's still pretty matte so you get the glow without the GLOW, if you know what I'm saying. I love pulling this foundation out when I just want that lit from within healthy kind of glow. Something about it makes me feel like I look more vibrant and awake, I love it.

Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able Foundation Concentrate - I'm not going to lie I'm not a huge fan of Marc's other foundation products but this one is pretty fantastic. It has twice as much pigment as typical full coverage foundations so it's pretty on par with the Cover FX Custom Cover Drops when it comes to coverage. The foundation is matte so it lasts all day and I never have to worry about it melting off; once it's on it's staying on. I also love the fact that you only need a few drops to do your entire face because it's on the pricer side and a little going a long way means a bottle will last you quite some time. 

The makeup gods have been really kind to me in the makeup department so obviously I'm already thinking up what foundation I want to test out next. 

No comments :

Post a Comment