Friday, June 19, 2015

Friday Favorites | Eyeshadow Palettes


While attempting to organize my makeup I stumbled across some of my favorite palettes from the past few years. Needless to say the organizational part came to a screeching halt at that point and has yet to be resumed. Personally, when it comes to palettes I'm the type of person who will use solely one palette for months until I find something else. Typically that leads to me basically wearing the same eyeshadow looks day in and day out until everyone around me is probably sick of repetitively seeing the same thing. As you can probably tell I tend to stick to neutral palettes stacked with warm browns, golds, and the occasional ever so lovely cranberry esque shades. 




I generally go for matte shades but, gold and bronze metallics also have a very warm place in my heart. Fortunately for me most of the colors I typically love can be easily mixed and matched into some effortless and seamless looks. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure everyone knows what I'm going to look like way before I'm even ready. That tells me I should probably branch out more but ehh... one day... we shall see. 

The palette that started it all was Urban Decay's infamous Naked Palette. Till this day I constantly have clients asking me how to put looks together with this palette. It's obviously pretty timeless and goes pretty well with virtually every skin tone. Believe it or not This is my second Naked Palette the first one was given to a new home after a friend of mine pleaded for it despite its overly loved condition. (I already had my second waiting at the ready so I wasn't too upset about letting it go.)

Afterwards, I moved on to something more simple and matte because at this point I was still in school and I needed to be able to get ready as quickly as possible. Too many options would just hold me back so the Naked Basics was clearly the best palette for the job. Six colors, five mattes, one shimmer, a clear winner for making easy everyday looks. As I'm sure you can tell the shade "Naked 2" really took a beating. 

Then there was the infamous Lorac Pro phase which honestly is still one of my absolute favorites. In my opinion the this palette is one of the best ever made. the perfect color range with an amazing formulation that feels as smooth as butter but is never chalky. I think that this was basically the only palette I used for about an entire year. I had a true dedication to this palette and honestly now that I'm looking at it again I might just have to reignite the flame. 

I think the only reason I ever strayed from the Lorac Pro is because the Lorac Pro 2 came out and even then I was still just using the Pro 2 in conjunction with the original. Since the Lorac Pro 2 has a few more cooler colors in it I tended to stay away from those and just use the warm browns and the champagnes to add some new flair to some old looks. A bit less abused than my other palettes but I felt the love nonetheless. 

Finally, there was the Morphe Jaclyn Hill Favorites Palette. I stayed up until 5 am on New Years for this palette. Fortunately I didn't have plans anyway so I didn't really mind all that much. This palette was 10000% a pain in the ass to get because of the site crashing and what not but, in the end it was worth it. There were only a few colors I didn't get any use out of and there are a ton of looks you can create with the palette. For me this was also another palette I liked to use in conjunction with other palettes and shadows even though it can easily be used alone. 

Since then I have moved on to popping single Make Up For Ever shadows into a Z-palette and using other random single pan shadows here and there but, who knows what will happen next. There are a few new palettes I've really been eyeing lately and God knows I have no self control. 

No comments :

Post a Comment